Wednesday, April 16, 2008

report from Steve Finger (India team)

Hi Y'all,First let me say thanks so much to all of you who supported me in prayer and financially. The pics (below) aren't in any particular order but they are a decent sample of what I experienced in India. I didn't take pictures of some of the things I witnessed as they were either too sad such as the children who were deformed and beggars or it didn't seem appropriate such as a deliverance I was a part of.As far as miracles go, there were salvations, rededications, deliverance and healing but the most graphic miracle can be seen in the pictures where you'll see Hindu's, Sikh & Muslim's all worshipping the same God, Jesus! In fact, when I was sitting in one of the services in awe of this God said, "there's even a Jew worshipping here with them, you!"I thought I was just going to give my testimony here and there but wound up preaching quite a bit as you can see from some of the pictures. God was so faithful in giving me what to share. In one picture you'll see me holding a rose which was used in an example to demonstrate the difference between a fragrance and an odor which we all have the choice to be based on 2 Corinthians 2:14-17. The odor was demonstrated by smelling my arm pit then the interpreter's. They all thought that was quite funny. A Pastor who has preached in India for years said that it was pretty awesome how they all laughed. I was in my room praying on how I could demonstrate the difference earlier that day and all of a sudden a maid came in and handed me the rose. The arm pit was improvised. Many of the pics may seem strange. Like the one of the toilet but I thought it was interesting. Let me just say that if you're travelling abroad in a third world country, be sure to bring paper and be prepared to squat. In the nicer places they have what look like shower nozzles or praise God "Western Toilets"! One of the pictures of a cow was through my train window at the station. Notice that it can go wherever it wants and people aren't even affected by it. It's not unusual to see cows on crowded city streets and highways.I believe that the Lord showed me the answer to make it through ALL of life's problems on this trip. The only problem was that I had to learn it in Hindi. I can't write in Hindi, but I can spell it out phonetically for you. "Yeshu Ka Sauth Chaltae Raho!" (Keep Walking With Jesus!) Think about this. Let's say you're facing financial problems. If you keep walking with Jesus you'll either be helped here or when you make it to heaven you'll be walking on streets paved with gold. If you're really sad, you can either get the joy of the Lord here for strength or God will wipe away all your tears in heaven. If you need healing, you'll either be healed here on in the air. To think I had to travel half way around the world for this to really sink in!Delores and I have been, and are going to continue to, pray for those of you who supported this endeavor financially. Please email me the praise reports of how you have been and are blessed out of the ordinary in the days and weeks to come.Blessings,Steve Finger
link to pics

No comments: